Scrapbooking to blogging

As a young girl I was enrolled into the Girl Scouts, where we explored and learned new things constantly. One of the activities we thought would be fun to try was scrapbooking. So a few of us signed up for a class at the local store. Walking into the scrapbooking store felt like stepping into a giant craft room. The inner aisles were lined with every color and print of paper you can think of; while the outer-walls were lined with stickers, stamps, and pop-outs. We made our way toward the back where a small room held the how-to classes. Quickly, I took an interest in the hobby and continued to make pages for my books.

Years start to pass and I eventually met my love Frank. For our first anniversary together, I thought it would be really cool and cute to give him a scrapbook of everything we had done over that past year. Not only did he cherish it but I also loved creating it too, and it's still something we enjoy looking back on. Two years have passed since I made our first book and my hobby has slowly fallen out of my life. It takes an enormous amount of time to pick out only the best pictures, go to the store for decorations, and then cut and glue everything together. So I've turned to the internet to continue my passion.

Blogging is a really similar hobby but so much more innovative. I'm excited to transition my scrapbook diary to a public space, where I can share more of my future with the people I love.

xoxo
Andrea Aloren

Comments

Popular Posts