Exploring Eugene Part II



























Downtown Oregon was enjoyable to walk through, but the parks are where all the action is at. The bike trails are endless, I seriously can not wait to get one or go back to Arizona to pick mine up from storage! I have a beach cruiser but I would honestly consider getting something else here anyway, preferably some kind of hybrid mountain bike so in the summer I can take it out of the city as well.

One trail, in particular, I'm dying to try is a scale model of the solar system running along the riverside and its 3.66-miles. It starts with the sun at one end of Alton Baker Park, which also has the first few close planets. I happened upon the Earth location because it's near one of the bridges that cross the river. This park, compared to a similar one I go to more often by my house, lets you walk across some of the water that has been let in from the river. I was beyond surprised but of course, I'm totally here for it so I did indeed walk across it and to be honest, it is so cool to have the water surrounding you. I totally loved it too because I was still on cement, this girl isn't going to sink away lol.

Happy Friday, hope you all have a great weekend adventuring!

xoxo,
Andrea Aloren

Comments

Popular Posts