Phx Art Museum
























The largest museum in the southwestern United States and I loved it! Pretty sure I've been here before with my dad as a kid, but it felt like a brand new experience now that I'm adulting and doing it all on my own. Hehe. Very quickly I knew what I liked and where I was going to be spending the most time though!

Something about the gorgeous frames from all the old European pieces and the oil stroked canvases just get to me, they are beyond cool. I think it has to do with the fact that I know I could never pull off such a difficult work of art, and that really makes it so much more mesmerizing. I would have to say my favorite of all is the portrait of Madame Adelaide. I mean look at the sheer size of the painting, it's totally insane!?! Of course, that is followed by the Flowering Arches from Monet though because it's just beautiful.

I will definitely have to come back again before December. There is so much to take in, it's almost impossible to do it all the first time around. This kind of stuff really makes me enjoy history! The museum even does free days once a week, so everyone should take some time to check it out.

Xoxo
Andrea Aloren

Comments

Popular Posts