First Friday Art Walk












On the first Friday of every month Phoenix holds an art walk; with tons of galleries, food, shopping, performing arts and live music. Yesterday was my first time going and I can't believe how much stuff there is! Free trolleys will carry you around to all the different stops and there are even two or three routes you can chose to go through. The little tour guide lady said they have more in the fall too when the weather is cooler and more people are able to come out. I brought my bestfriend Erika and of course Frank along for the adventure! We chose to take the orange route because I wanted to focus on the galleries but basically spent all of our time on Roosevelt Row.

Last month, Erika had asked me to go to First Friday with her and her family but we ended up having a HUGE dust/rain storm and were forced to stay inside. So her and I were both extremely excited to go this time, but Frank is always more reserved and was questioning it a bit until we started seeing all the food trucks! Funny story but I don't know what it is about food trucks that gets him so happy, I swear it's like his candy store. I get it a little bit though because who doesn't love food. I think it started at his last job, I remember him telling me every week about a new truck that had come to the office buildings around lunch time and how all the people would run out of their offices for something to eat. One time there was even a boutique clothing truck there, and I was very happily surprised when Frank called me to say he got me something!

The whole time we were walking around I could smell burgers and seriously began to crave one, so I tried the food truck Burger Amore thanks to his recommendation and omg I have never had such a big juicy seasoned burger. I love that food trucks have really stepped up their game in the last couple of years, convenience is just a must a majority of the time but so is quality. We ended up spending hours exploring just that one location, so I have a feeling this might become a new thing for us so we can see the rest! I hope everyone else is out there finding new fun things to do and just enjoying life!!!

xoxo
Andrea Aloren

Comments

Popular Posts