Horseshoe Bend












My last minute trip up to Horseshoe Bend for my third day of catch up sharing! By the weekend of Thanksgiving, I had already had all my stuff packed up and sent off to Oregon, so a few friends and I decided to drive up to the very tip-top of northern Arizona because I hadn't been there since I was a kid. We spent a day exploring the Grand Canyon and then another hiking and checking out this craziness that is the Colorado River looping around basically just a big rock formation. I was honestly so shocked at how close everyone was getting to the edge of the cliff. I've always known that I have a slight of a fear of heights, but these foreign models were passing up all the danger signs to get even more extreme shots and it just had me cringing the whole time. I was not trying to witness any types of accidents! Luckily they got down pretty quickly and we kept walking around to the other side. I guess I also thought there would be more of a hike to get to this point but it's surprisingly close to the parking area, therefore heavily trafficked by tourists, just a heads up for anyone else wanting to check it out!

Traveling posts like this one inspire me to plan more day trips! Speaking of which, I will plan one right now for New Year's weekend. Stay tuned to see where I go!

xoxo,
Andrea Aloren

Comments

Popular Posts